Thursday, February 23, 2012

What is LENT for me?

Three pillars of Lenten observance: fasting, prayer, almsgiving.

when i woke this morning, i realised that today is the third day of Lent already.
For those who observe the Holy season, Lent is a time for reflection and sacrifice.
i asked myself, how far have I been sacrificing for my Daddy God?

Let's observe the needs of the three pillars of Lent.

1. Fasting. For me, to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday is a good way to develop my self-control. it's just a small sacrifice, compared to Jesus who had died on the cross for our sins.
I found out that abstaining from meat on Ash Wednesday and all the Fridays of Lent also good for allowing me to control my appetite of eating too much 'good foods'. Try not to eat something that you love, such as sweet foods.
Yesterday's Gospel reading reminds us of 'take up our cross and follow Him'.
let's reflect.

2. Increase in Prayer. Prayer is a communication with God. Speak to Him. and LISTEN. It brings us closer to Him.

3. Almsgiving. Be generous people. Care for those in need and never refuse to give help.
in Matt 25:35 :

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,



LENT is not a kill joy season, instead it leads us to the joy of having a spiritual growth.

May God bless you!



0 comments: